Well, we’re a week and a half into the three-week “fund drive” (if you’re just tuning in, start here) and it’s time for a shout-out to the kind people and companies who have contributed gifts for some lucky kottke.org micropatrons (contribute $30+ and you have a chance). If you haven’t looked at the list in awhile, you’ll notice some additions.
I chose the gift contributors fairly carefully. With one or two exceptions, most of the list is comprised of either friends/acquaintances of mine who are supportive of what I’m doing, companies that have an interest in blogs and blogging, products I’ve used, or people who have gone or are going out on a limb to do something entreprenurial in their lives (selling photography, software, soap, books, etc…labors of love and commerce). I have a special place in my heart for the latter group because they’re in a boat similar to mine and it makes me happy than I can help get the word out about their projects.
Recent additions to the list:
- Copies of Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. What’s there left to say about Gladwell?
- Gift certificate to Threadless. My near-exclusive supplier of tshirts.
- Signed copies of Spacebloom: A Field Guide to Cosmic Xflora. This looks fantastic…and published in the year 2267?
- Signed first edition hardcover of Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom from Cory Doctorow. Cory co-edits BoingBoing and somehow manages to write award-winning novels in the meantime.
- One handmade Italian journal from Eastgate Systems. These look beautiful.
- Gift certificate for handmade jewelry from I Like Beads. I like Alison.
- One VIP Rip gift certificate from Ripshark. Ship ‘em your CDs and they’ll convert ‘em all to MP3.
- One 12” x 18” signed print by Marshall Sokoloff. Love Marshall’s photography.
- T-shirts from Diesel Sweeties. Note the sweet use of Silkscreen.
- Gift sets of bath and beauty products from Petal My favorite is the Oatmeal & Honey soap.
Solid gold platinum executive class founder gifts:
- Photo prints from Eliot Shepard. Great photography.
- Print of an explodingdog drawing from Sam Brown.
- Copy of “Thinking of You” by Sam Brown. Various works from explodingdog collected into a book.
- Copies of PulpFiction from Fresh Squeezed Software. Mail.app-like newsreader for OS X.
- Subscriptions to Heather Champ’s Print Club 2005. One print a month for a whole year!
- Flickr Pro accounts from Ludicorp. Everyone loves Flickr.
- Basecamp accounts. Web-based project management made easy.
- Copies of NetNewsWire and MarsEdit. Award winning newsreader and blog editor for OS X.
- Copy of TopStyle from Bradbury Software. An XHTML/CSS editor for Windows from the creator of HomeSite.
- Copies of FeedDemon from Bradbury Software. Feature-packed newsreader for Windows.
- Movie-sized jewel cases from Jewelboxing. High quality jewel cases for your DVD projects.
- Pixiesdiscs. Audio CDs of each of the Pixies stops on their recent tour.
- 2006 SXSW Interactive Festival registration. The conference of choice for bloggers everywhere.
- Copy of Studio MX 2004 with Flash Professional from Macromedia. Flash, Freehand, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks for Windows or OS X.
- Signed hardcover copies of Emergence from Steven Johnson. One of my favorites from the past few years.
- A coveted spot in TextDrive’s “webhosting for life” offer. They will host your site until you or the company dies.
- Personal license for Movable Type or a lifetime discount on Typepad from Six Apart. Choose from two popular blogging systems.
- Signed copies of The Wisdom of Crowds from James Surowiecki. He writes the excellent financial column for the New Yorker.
Again, here’s the detailed list and here’s how you become a micropatron for a shot at one of the above.