Living on Craigslist Jan 21 2010
Jason Paul lives off of Craigslist and is documenting the whole thing on his blog.
What does that mean exactly? I have made some ground rules that I will be living by over the year. Here they are:
- I will start with $2,500 that I've saved during college
- I will have a car, a phone, a computer and cameras to document the trip
- I am not allowed to live out of my car
- I am not allowed to live with someone I know for longer than a week at the beginning of each city
- I am allowed one large bag containing clothes and a few staple foods
- I am not allowed to initiate contact with someone unless it is through an online interaction
This means, put simply, I will find jobs, housing, friends, food and other necessities entirely via Craigslist.
Update: Craigslist Joe is a documentary film with the same premise. (thx, dennis)